-
November 11th, 2002, 04:17 AM
#1
Inactive Member
So we installed the Hondata last night and did some partial throttle tuning...no problem. Cleared out a ton of detonation and also figured out why Im boosting 11PSI with a 6PSI pulley.
Car was driving terrific, until Im ALMOST home. Stop at a stop sign, turn right, get into a bit of boost and the car just turns off. Completely shuts off and dies. I stop, try to start it again....nothing. Just turns over and doesnt start. I jumped the connector and got no code...the ABS light flashes once but the CEL stays illuminated.
Its an S200 system with boost, and no led is illuminated on the box itself either. I am running DSM 450's with 10 watt 10ohm resistors inline. Im thinking a couple things...
1) ECU is fried...maybe the resistors dont work?
2) Hondata box is bad, although it would still run wouldnt it?
3) Who the hell knows....help! [img]confused.gif[/img]
Any ideas???
-
November 11th, 2002, 05:41 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
When you say "no light" on the Hondata box... are you saying it NEVER comes on, or does it flash once every 3-4 seconds ??? For proper operation, the light must stay lit constantly... if it flashes every few seconds, this WILL NOT allow, in most cases, the car to start... and if by chance it does in fact start, it will run in LIMP mode which is extremely rich and the timing is severely retarded. If there is NO LIGHT at all... make sure all chips are properly inserted into their respective sockets (including those inside the Hondata box) and the cable between the ECU and the box is connected and not damaged. If all of this appears to be OK, I would suspect an ECU or Hondata box failure.
Good luck.
-
November 11th, 2002, 11:18 AM
#3
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and the cable between the ECU and the box is connected and not damaged. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had a another guy with a system looking at my system and two wires literally fell loose out of one of the male connecters he was holding(we were trying to data log it at the time).
I'd try the jiggle test on anything that might be a potential problem: which is a friend jiggles something while you try to start it. That's my low tech suggestion.
-
November 11th, 2002, 03:56 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Thats also what I suspected and was hoping...
But it turned out to be even simpler! The ECU fuse!!! (wheres the dummy icon?)
First thing we checked was the chip...a-ok. Swapped in a P28 with no Hondata, the car still wouldnt start. At that point, the fuse was suspected and sure enough, toast.
Now I have to figure out what caused it to fry. Im going to check the current from the DSM injectors...maybe the resistors arent working? I assume that could cause the fuse to go?
Thanks for the help guys [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks